Eleventh International Organ and Early Music Festival, Oaxaca, Mexico, February 18 – 24
- 8 concerts
- 2 presentations
- 1 exhibit
- visits to 12 unrestored organs
3 Field trips to document and conserve the organs
- San Dionisio Ocotepec, February 4
- Santiago Matatlán, February 4
- San Andrés Zautla, September 10
- Organ concert presented by the IOHIO students (students of Mtro. Joel Vásquez and Mtra. Margarita Santiago Ricárdez), in Santa María de la Asuncion Tlacolula, February 1.
- Organ concert presented by the IOHIO students in the Oaxaca Cathedral, February 2.
- Organ and voice concert, Margarita Santiago Ricárdez, organ, Felipe Espinosa Olmedo, baritone, in the Basilica of the Soledad, May 20.
- Organ and voice concert, Margarita Santiago Ricárdez, organ, Felipe Espinosa Olmedo, baritone, in San Jerónimo Tlacochahuaya, May 22.
- Two piano concert presented by Pierre-Arnaud Le Guérinel and Cicely Winter in posthumous tribute to Rubén Vasconcelos Beltrán, chronicler of the city of Oaxaca, in the Teatro Macedonio Alcalá, July 3.
- Concert to inaugurate the new piano in the Casa de Cultura in Huajuapan de León, participation of Jesús González, IOHIO organ and piano student, July 12.
- Mass to bless the restored Jalatlaco organ exactly 150 years after its completion, Oaxaca City Chorus, Israel Rivera Cañas, director, Kevin Cruz Franco, tenor, José Suárez, Margarita Ricardez, Joel Vásquez, and Cicely Winter, organists, July 16.
- Organ and recorder concert in celebration of the restoration of the Jalatlaco organ, Horacio Franco, recorders, José Suárez, organ, July 17.
- Organ and recorder concert in celebration of the restoration of the Jalatlaco organ, program of Oaxacan music presented by Horacio Franco, recorders, Cicely Winter, organ, and Valentín Hernández, percussion, July 18.
- Mass in celebration of the Saint’s Day in San Jerónimo Tlacochahuaya, Joel Vásquez, organ, Mariana Gijón, soprano, September 30.
- Mass in celebration of the consummation of the Saint’s Day fiesta in Tlacochahuaya, Joel Vásquez, organ, Mariana Gijón, soprano, October 1.
- Organ concert in the Basílica de la Soledad to close the Holy Year of Mercy, with the participation of the children’s choir of the Oaxaca Cathedral directed by Ricardo Rodys, IOHIO organists and organ students, November 18.
- Organ concert in Tlacochahuaya presented by IOHIO organists and organ students, November 26.
- “La restauración de la caja del órgano tubular histórico de San Matías Jalatlaco”, Eric González Castellanos, and Cicely Winter; “La restauración de la mecánica sonora del órgano histórico tubular de San Matías Jalatlaco”, David Antonio Reyes, Eric González Castellanos, and Cicely Winter, in the “IV Coloquio Conservación de Órganos Tubulares” organized by the CNCPC/ENCRyM (Coordinación Nacional de Conservación del Patrimonio Cultural/Escuela Nacional de Conservación, Restauración y Museografía of the INAH (Instituto Nacional de Antropología e Historia), September 29.
- Visit to the pipe shop and the organ in process of restoration for the residents of San Matías Jalatlaco who supported the project by offering food and lodging to the restorers, June 23.
Organ and piano lessons
- Joel Vásquez González and Margarita Santiago Ricárdez offer organ lessons to three students from Tlacolula and four from Oaxaca City; the students now accompany the Sunday mass in various churches and participate in concerts.
- Pierre-Arnaud Le Guérinel gives piano lessons in the “Instituto de Formación Musical Maurice Ravel” to one IOHIO scholarship student and harmony classes to three.
- James Wyly offers a masterclass to the IOHIO students on the organ of the Oaxaca Cathedral, April 22.
Restoration of the organ in San Matías Jalatlaco
- Work began December 7, 2015, and concluded July 16, 2016.